Sunday 7 December 2008

Danger

So much planning - just gearing up for my meetng with Kate tomorrow. All these small things, small invented deadlines, provide such structure along the way. I have made a long list of things I need to do and ideas I need to address, and now I will just have to place them all in a heirarchy and start doing them. It's exciting, really - I'm enjoying the work so much, and have so much enthusiasm for it. The only thing I don't have a lot of is time.

One thing I really have to avoid is using planning as procrastination - a way to avoid the creative exploration I need to do next. As mentioned, I'm a little afraid of it. It would be easy for anyone to just say "Jump in" but I need to transition, and the important discipline will be putting an end date on play, and setting a firm commencement date for exploration.

I'm going to propose that I change modes on the 24th of January - the date we're going to check out Bon Iver at the Sydeny festival.

No comments: