Thursday 6 November 2008

Clocking in, like Laverne and Shirley at a Milwaukee Brewery. But without the beer.

I'm pretty close to that arbitrary level of completion on my first chapter which I mentioned earlier, so pretty soon I can start giving some thought to some creative expressions of this writing. I really can't wait to just start using creative media again,a nd I can't believe that, at Kate's prompting, I will be doing so this early. I was also thrilled to have my idea of my contextual analysis expanded to include the books I find so inspiring, in addition to the more scholarly ones.

Dang, this is boring reading.

It's just that I can't stop.

Can't stop? Can't stop. You see, I have made a commitment to myself to blog my progress (oh god, should I utter it?... go on then.. shove!) daily. I will do the best I can to do just that, whether it means spilling nothing on the page, or writing for hours. Right now, I am not able to work on the writing. I'm indisposed you see. Working. A day job. So all I can do is think about what I want to do later when my time is my won and I can apply all these thoughts and ideas to the work itself. But why daily? Because I believe great achievements, big works, grand things, are built on arbitrary daily disciplines - chipping away, as it were. The discipline of punching this blogging Murphy Card every day is a good thing.

No comments: